Board of Directors
Mr. Praveen Challa – President
- Provide leadership & guidance in Administration and Governance as per constitution
- Determine Policies and Plans
- Liaise with statutory bodies
- Fund raising
Mrs. (Dr.) Meena Baska – Vice President
- Co-determine Policies and Plans
- Guide and manage Rituals, Festivals, routine Poojas
- Fund raising
- Staff Welfare
- Procurement of materials for rituals
Mr. Alagappan Muthukaruppan – Secretary
- Hold Board Meetings and AGM
- Notify Members periodically with administrative developments
- Maintain Members Register
- Statutory submissions to Government bodies
- Staff administration
Mr. N Rajaratnam – Treasurer
- Manage Sales, Donation and Hundi Collections
- Salary disbursements, Superannuation and GST/PAYG obligations
- Ensure proper records for all transactions, especially money disbursements
- Maintain Books of Accounts with accurate recording of all transactions
- Get the Books audited at the end of the year
- Prepare budgets and present periodical financial statements to the Board members
Mr. Valliappan Thiagarajan – Assistant Secretary
- Assist Secretary in carrying out his duties
- Assist in routine Temple administration
- Manage Functions booking at the Temple and assist devotees
Mr. Ramabadra Rao Abbneni – Assistant Treasurer
- Assist Treasurer in Treasurer duties
- Assist in routine Financial administration
Mr. Nama Namasivayam – Director of Food Management and Annathanam
- Canteen Management
- Menu, Sales, Procurement & Storage of materials, Staff Welfare, Volunteers Administration, Routine Administration, Quality, Waste management
- Manage Annadhanam
- Coordinate with / Assist Annadhanam providers
Mr. P Karunakaran – Director of Asset Management and Maintenance
- Management and Maintenance of all Plant and Machinery
- Management and Maintenance of Buildings and all structures
- Ensure safety for all the staff and visitors
- Comply with work place requirements
- Lead Projects – from DA, Tender till Completion of Projects
Mr. Sunil Kabra – Director of Religious Affairs
- Ensure best experience to devotees
- Manage Customer Service
- Manage Volunteers Groups and welfare
- Assist Director of Assets Management
- Promote Temple events
Mr. Sangarapillai Subramaniam – Director of Education and Cultural Activities
- Promote religious awareness in the community
- Arrange periodical religious ceremonies
- Conduct cultural programs
- Assist in managing Functions booking at the Temple
- Procurement of routine materials for Temple and Canteen
Mr. Subra Iyer – Director of Information and Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Manage and support maintenance of all IT resources like Computers, Software, Internet, Telephones etc.,
- Manage IT access control and security
- Prepare Communication and Marketing content
- Manage communications via all channels – Emails, Social Media, Website
- Overall Responsibilities of website management and system administration
Dr. K. Baska – Provide overall guidance and expertise to the Management
Mr SriGaneshwaran – Administration, Audit, Compliance & Governance
Dr M Chandrasekaran – Logistics and Event Management support
Mr. Velayuthan – Events Management, Fund raising support
Mr Ed Nataraj – Infrastructure, Projects and Asset Management support
Mr. S. Veera Raju – Volunteers Management & Welfare, Canteen and Annadhanam support
Mr. Jagdesh S – Canteen, Annadhanam, Temple & Garden Maintenance support
Shiva Temple: Sri Visweswaran Sivacharya, Sri Sivarajan Sivacharya and Sri Vignesh Sivacharya
Balaji Temple: Sri. Sridhar Bhattar, Sri. Santosh Bhattar and Sri. Kesava Narayana Bhattar
Correspondence : All Temple Emails to: email@example.com
Contact Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone number: 02-4214 9080
All general correspondence should be posted to:
The Secretary, SVTHL, Temple Road, Helensburgh, NSW 2508, Australia.
Our Vision is to develop/manage Sri Venkateswara Temple, Helensburgh, as a pre-eminent Hindu Temple of world standing, for religious and spiritual engagement and development of all Hindus in Australia.
- Besides a place of worship, a Hindu sacred site, we consider SV Temple as an Institution of Excellence that serves and promotes Hindu religious and spiritual heritage and related educational, cultural, artistic aspects for all Hindu Communities in Australia.
- We uphold that SVT is founded on Hindu Agama Shastra of ancient India and follow the religious traditions of south India, in its architecture, practices and performance (Pancharatra Agama with Vaishnava tradition at Sri Balaji Temple and Shaiva Agama with Shiva tradition at Shiva Temple)
- We respect our Priests (Archakas) of our temple as uniquely qualified to uphold this tradition, devotions and services to Deities of our temple. We respect them for their well developed skills in performance of poojas, festivities and formalities according to Agama traditions. We respect them for their life-long dedication to serving the Lord and the devotees and for upholding the Hindu values (Dharma). We respect them for their sincere services to our families and community.
- We respect that to be elected to the SVT Committee is a privilege. The Patrons & Life members of the SVT Association entrust the faith in us, every year, through a democratic election process. Thus we are the custodians of this holy site and are here to protect, develop and manage it well. We’re fully responsible, individually and collectively, to serve the Lord, the temple and the devotees as per the constitution.
- We uphold the sanctity of the deities, the temple and its functions as our first and foremost priority.
- We, as the committee, will run the affairs of the temple, the association, trust and related functions with ethics, professionalism, financial (fiduciary) responsibility, transparency and Governance under the legal/regulatory framework of Local, State & Federal Governments of Australia.
- We’ll perform our duties and execute our responsibilities, in the best interest of the temple in order to serve the Hindu community, for now and into the future. Thus we’ll leave a legacy of a great temple for future generations.
- We respect and serve all our devotees equally, irrespective of their background. In our services, we treat all devotees with respect, equanimity, equality and inclusiveness. We deal with all the matters and people and organisations associated with our temple with dignity, honesty, integrity, ethics and mutual support.
- We will manage various functions of the temple with judicious use of scarce resources (water, energy, land, plants etc) in sustainable (green) way, to reduce waste, reduce carbon emissions and to protect the environment and the heritage of the site.
- As good citizens of Australia, we respect all fellow citizens and their faiths and work towards a collective harmony in our society.