Board of Directors
Dr. K. Baska – President (M) 0418 476 033 (H) 02 97476600
Chair of Kumbabhishekam committee
Responsibilities: Overall Policy matters; Temple activities
Mr. Praveen Challa – Vice-President (M) 0419 905 607
Responsibilities: Policy; Administration, Membership promotion & Projects coordination
Mr. Narasimhan S Parthasarathy – Secretary (M) 0415 227 856
Responsibilities: Secretarial & General Administration; Temple activities; Employees
Mr. Alagappan Muthukaruppan – Treasurer (M) 0421 649 294
Responsibilities: Treasury; Audit & Finance
Mr. Jayan P Menon – Assistant Secretary (M) 0467 806 860
Responsibilities: Projects administration & Coordination; Compliance and induction
Mr. Subra Iyer – Assistant Treasurer (M) 0400 015 877
Responsibilities: Treasury / Finance and Audit coordination
Mr. Nama Namasivayam – Director of Food Management and Annathanam (M) 0418 408 678
Responsibilities: Canteen Management; Annathanam; Volunteers
Mr. Seetha Raman (Baboo) – Director of Religious Affairs (M) 0433 118 811
Responsibilities: Religious Affairs and Rituals; Perumal suburban visits; Annathanam & Culturals coordination; Public relations; Donations / Fund raising events
Mr. Sunil Kabra – Director of Asset Management and Maintenance (M) 0411 428 246
Responsibilities: Projects; Construction and Maintenance
Mr. Sangarapillai Subramaniam – Director of Education and Cultural Activities (M) 0425 283 539
Responsibilities: Education & Cultural activities; Front-Desk management; Volunteers & Treasury assistance. Procurement
Mr. Jayachandran Ramadurai – Director of Information and Communication Technology (M) 0413 435 397
Responsibilities: Information technology; website management; All communication channels and system administration
Mrs. (Dr.) Meena Baska (M) 0418 476 033
Responsibilities: Temple Activities / Employees Welfare / Donations
Dr. A. Lakshmanan
Responsibilities: Donations / Fund raising
Mr. N. Rajaratnam (M) 0411 252 782
Responsibilities: Canteen coordination; Front-Desk Assistance & Volunteer support
Mr. S. Veera Raju (M) 0411 831 331
Responsibilities: Administrative support
Dr. Subbaram Sundar (M) 0422 887 906
Responsibilities: Donations / Fund raising
Shiva Temple: Sri Visweswaran Sivacharya, Sri Sivarajan Sivacharya, Sri Vignesh Sivacharya, Sri Magesh Sivacharya
Balaji Temple: Sri. Sridhar Bhattar & Sri. Santosh Bhattar
Correspondence : All Temple Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Secretary: email@example.com
Contact phone number: 02-4294 9234
All general correspondence should be posted to:
The Secretary, SVT Association Inc. Temple Road, Helensburgh, NSW 2508, Australia.
The following Sub-Committees to carry out various tasks as listed below:
- Pooja committee: Meena Baska, Kumar Mahadevan & Seetha Raman
- Garland Making: Hema Chandramohan, Gnanam Muthukrishnan
- Sound system/audio technician: Venkat Kjayaraman
- Administrative support: Ratna Raja, Srinivasan & Saro
- Cleaning and Gardening : Velayudam & Alagappan
- Logistics & general assistance: M. Chandrasekaran & Nages Nageswaran
- Canteen: Packianathan, N.Rajaratnam, Ravi T, Ramesh Iyer and Sasi Nama
Our Vision is to develop/manage Sri Venkateswara Temple, Helensburgh, as a pre-eminent Hindu Temple of world standing, for religious and spiritual engagement and development of all Hindus in Australia.
- Besides a place of worship, a Hindu sacred site, we consider SV Temple as an Institution of Excellence that serves and promotes Hindu religious and spiritual heritage and related educational, cultural, artistic aspects for all Hindu Communities in Australia.
- We uphold that SVT is founded on Hindu Agama Shastra of ancient India and follow the religious traditions of south India, in its architecture, practices and performance (Pancharatra Agama with Vaishnava tradition at Sri Balaji Temple and Shaiva Agama with Shiva tradition at Shiva Temple)
- We respect our Priests (Archakas) of our temple as uniquely qualified to uphold this tradition, devotions and services to Deities of our temple. We respect them for their well developed skills in performance of poojas, festivities and formalities according to Agama traditions. We respect them for their life-long dedication to serving the Lord and the devotees and for upholding the Hindu values (Dharma). We respect them for their sincere services to our families and community.
- We respect that to be elected to the SVT Committee is a privilege. The Patrons & Life members of the SVT Association entrust the faith in us, every year, through a democratic election process. Thus we are the custodians of this holy site and are here to protect, develop and manage it well. We’re fully responsible, individually and collectively, to serve the Lord, the temple and the devotees as per the constitution.
- We uphold the sanctity of the deities, the temple and its functions as our first and foremost priority.
- We, as the committee, will run the affairs of the temple, the association, trust and related functions with ethics, professionalism, financial (fiduciary) responsibility, transparency and Governance under the legal/regulatory framework of Local, State & Federal Governments of Australia.
- We’ll perform our duties and execute our responsibilities, in the best interest of the temple in order to serve the Hindu community, for now and into the future. Thus we’ll leave a legacy of a great temple for future generations.
- We respect and serve all our devotees equally, irrespective of their background. In our services, we treat all devotees with respect, equanimity, equality and inclusiveness. We deal with all the matters and people and organisations associated with our temple with dignity, honesty, integrity, ethics and mutual support.
- We will manage various functions of the temple with judicious use of scarce resources (water, energy, land, plants etc) in sustainable (green) way, to reduce waste, reduce carbon emissions and to protect the environment and the heritage of the site.
- As good citizens of Australia, we respect all fellow citizens and their faiths and work towards a collective harmony in our society.